DNV GL Healthcare
AnMed Health is fully accredited by DNV GL Healthcare. DNV GL Healthcare accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
AnMed Health has earned accreditations in specific areas of care, including:
- Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for excellence in heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer
- Re-designation in 2013 as a Primary Stroke Center
AnMed Health is one of only about 400 health care organizations nationwide recognized as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which recognizes superior quality in nursing care. Magnet® designated facilities are AnMed Health Medical Center, AnMed Health Women's and Children's Hospital, AnMed Health LifeChoice and AnMed Health Home Care. ANCC conducts thorough evaluations of hospitals seeking recognition, judging proficiency and leadership in the following five key areas that are considered global issues in nursing and health care:
- Visionary leadership transforming the organization to meet changing needs
- Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
- Competent, dedicated and skilled nurses
- Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements
- Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
More Awards & Recognitions
Named one of U.S. News and World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals in the Upstate for 2014. Ranked second out of 90 hospitals in South Carolina and listed as high-performing in gastroenterology and GI surgery, geriatrics, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopaedics, pulmonology and urology.
- In 2016, AnMed Health earned the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing a higher standard of care and improving the survival and outcomes for patients suffering from the most severe form of heart attack, a STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction).
- AnMed Health has earned Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer patients receives Commission on Cancer accreditation.
- Recognized for the fifth consecutive year as one of the nation's Most Wired hospitals and health systems, according to the 2014 Most Wired Survey by Hospitals and Health Networks magazine.
- Daily safety huddles featured as case study in June 2017 issue of Quick Safety, an advisory on safety and quality issues distributed by The Joint Commission.
- Voted Best Place to Work in the Anderson Independent Mail 2016 Best of Your Hometown Readers' Choice Awards.
- In 2014, AnMed Health received the South Carolina Hospital Association's "Certified Zero Harm Award" in hip surgery to recognize excellent performance in patient safety. Certified Zero Harm Awards are given when a hospital records no preventable hospital-acquired infections of a specific nature during a certain period of time.
- Awarded the 2015 Fit-Friendly Worksite Platinum Achievement by the American Heart Association for employee wellness.
- Named an Equity of Care Award Honoree in 2015 by the American Hospital Association. Honorees demonstrate a high level of success in reducing health care disparities and promote diversity in leadership and staff within their organization.
- AnMed Health Weight Loss Surgery was certified in 2016 by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a nationally accredited program that meets the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care. The MBSAQIP standards ensure that weight loss surgery patients receive a multidisciplinary program, not just surgery, which improves long-term success.
- Recognized in 2013 as one of 100 Hospitals With Great Heart Programs by Becker's Hospital Review. The Becker's editorial team selected 100 hospitals based on recognition for quality care, clinical awards and research contributions to cardiovascular care.
- AnMed Health Women's and Children's Hospital, AnMed Health Kids' Care and Women's Surgery/Orthopaedics (3 East) were each awarded 5-Star Excellence Service Awards in 2014 from Professional Research Consultants (PRC).
- Home to several winners of the state's highest nursing honor, the Palmetto Gold Award.
- AnMed Health Medical Center is the only hospital in South Carolina in OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP). This program is designed for exemplary work sites with comprehensive, successful safety and health management systems.
- Earned a Bronze Award from the South Carolina Governor's Quality Forum. The award is given to organizations whose progress toward implementing the Baldrige criteria is worthy of recognition.
- Winner of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce's Excellence in Workplace Diversity Award
- Winner of The Gold Medal, The Gold Apple and The Gold Star from SCHA's Working Well initiative. The awards recognize hospitals for excellence in employee wellness programs addressing physical activity, nutrition and tobacco use.
- AnMed Health LifeFlight awarded the South Carolina EMS Small System of the Year for 2013.