AnMed Health Achieves ANCC Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence
AnMed Health has joined a prestigious list of healthcare organizations that have been recognized as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which recognizes superior quality in nursing care. Magnet® designated facilities at AnMed Health are AnMed Health Medical Center, AnMed Health Women's and Children's Hospital, AnMed Health LifeChoice and AnMed Health Home Care.
ANCC conducts thorough evaluations of hospitals seeking recognition, judging proficiency and leadership in the following five key areas that are considered global issues in nursing and health care:
- Visionary leadership transforming the organization to meet changing needs
- Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
- Competent, dedicated, and skilled nurses
- Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements
- Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
To achieve Magnet recognition, organizations must pass a rigorous and lengthy process that demands widespread participation from leadership and staff. The process begins with the submission of an electronic application, followed by written documentation demonstrating qualitative and quantitative evidence regarding patient care and outcomes. If scores from the written documentation fall within a range of excellence, an on-site visit will occur to thoroughly assess the applicant. After this rigorous on-site review process, the Commission on Magnet will review the completed appraisal report and vote to determine whether Magnet recognition will be granted.
Currently, only about 400 out of nearly 6,000 U.S. healthcare organizations have achieved Magnet recognition.
AnMed Health is proud to be a Magnet-recognized organization, as the credential reinforces our dedication to quality patient care. Magnet-recognized organizations consistently demonstrate
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help, and receipt of discharge information;
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality and lower failure to rescue; and
- Lower rates of falls.
AnMed Health is dedicated to providing our patients with the highest-quality care, and this credential is confirmation of our success in this endeavor. For more information about the Magnet Recognition Program® and current statistics, visit http://www.nursecredentialing.org/magnet.