Get Involved in Volunteering
AnMed Health offers a variety of volunteer opportunities at both campuses. Our needs are always changing. To see a list of current volunteer opportunities, search our online database or call (864) 512-1263 to learn more about getting involved.
The areas our volunteers serve need ongoing assistance, so we ask volunteers to commit to at least six months of regular service. Most volunteers serve for four hours once a week, but this varies depending on the area.
We always consider volunteers' availability and interests when matching people with their assignments. The most important prerequisite is the desire to serve others. Orientation and training are provided for all volunteers.
About the AnMed Health Auxiliary
As a volunteer, you are automatically member of the AnMed Health Auxiliary. The Auxiliary is a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization. The Auxiliary supports and promotes AnMed Health's mission and vision by financially supporting AnMed Health programs. Many of these programs meet the needs of those who can't afford or don't have easy access to basic health care.
For example, money raised by the Auxiliary supports all of the following:
- AnMed Health Medical Outreach Screenings
- Robert B. Claytor Patient Assistance Fund (formerly the Chaplain's Fund)
- Mobile Diagnostic Unit
- Reach Out and Read
- AnMed Health Freedom Link
- refreshments for patients in the Infusion Center at the AnMed Health Cancer Center
- playroom supplies and medical equipment for the pediatric unit at AnMed Health Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- college scholarships for students pursuing health care careers