As a patient, you have a right to receive treatment that meets your medical and health needs. AnMed Health will make every effort to honor this right within the limits of the law and within our capabilities and resources. The hospital does not discriminate based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
In general, AnMed Health staff will honor your rights by doing the following:
- Being sensitive to your physical, emotional and cultural needs.
- Respecting your values and religious beliefs.
- Seeking to involve you and your family in your care.
- Treating you with dignity.
- Communicating clearly with you.
- Assuring your safety and privacy.
- Keeping information about your medical condition and the care you receive confidential.
To read more about AnMed Health’s patient rights and responsibilities, view the latest edition of our Patient Guide.
Your medical team can consist of several doctors, nurses and clinicians. We want you to feel confident about the care you are receiving, so please don’t hesitate to ask questions. AnMed Health encourages every patient to understand the answers to these three questions:
- What is my main problem?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
At important stages of your care, many families find it helpful to schedule a patient care meeting where they can speak with the entire medical team at once. If you would like to schedule such a meeting, please dial 0 to reach the operator and ask to page the patient care coordinator.