When cancer strikes, you want the most expert care, no matter what it takes. So do we. That's why AnMed Health has teamed up with a national leader in cancer care, Atrium Health's Levine Cancer Institute. We're working side-by-side with the country's top cancer specialists to provide even more advanced expertise and treatment. So you can fight cancer right here at home — knowing you've got the best people by your side.
Who is Levine Cancer Institute?
Levine Cancer Institute is a different kind of cancer institute. Its community-based model is the future of cancer care, delivering effective, world-class treatment closer to home whenever possible for patients.
The cancer-fighting resources of such a large healthcare system are powerful. Atrium Health, one of the largest public healthcare systems in the country, established Levine Cancer Institute in late 2010 to more closely integrate and build on the cancer programs within its network. Through the latest advances in technology and Atrium Health’s network of affiliated hospitals and providers in communities across the region, Levine Cancer Institute delivers innovative care when it's needed most — so where a patient lives doesn't determine how they fight cancer.
A Partnership for Your Benefit
AnMed Health is a charter member of Levine Cancer Institute’s cancer care network, which has a unique model of care, providing communities access to world-class care close to home. The hybrid model combines academics and oncology research with compassionate, community-based cancer care. For AnMed Health patients, this means access to an even deeper clinical team.
How does this benefit me?
AnMed Health's partnership with Levine Cancer Institute benefits patients by offering you:
- Local experts, including Jeffrey Delo, M.D., and Jay Nayak, M.D., who are connected to more than 200 cancer experts specializing in every cancer type and experienced in treating even the rarest and most challenging cancers. To make a referral, please call AnMed Health Oncology and Hematology, 864.225.5131.
- Access to the latest and most advanced treatment options, including minimally invasive surgery and promising immunotherapy treatments.
- Tools to assess cancer risk, including genetic screening and testing. Detecting cancer early is important because it allows for more prevention and treatment options.
- Increased opportunities to consult with cancer specialists not only within Levine Cancer Institute but in expanded markets outside the networks of AnMed Health and Atrium Health — making the best care standard, no matter where you live.
Here’s what makes Levine Cancer Institute different:
- One of the country's largest single-institution cancer research databases, with more than 15,000 potential new cases annually. This means learning from other cases to help patients.
- Shared expertise — nationally-ranked experts collaborate on cases, developing best practices and treatment guidelines.
- An evidence-based clinical pathways system (known as EAPathways) that standardizes care, allowing patients in rural and underserved communities to receive the same care they would at one of our metropolitan facilities.
- Comprehensive community outreach to address disparities in access to care.
- Leading research, especially around first-in-human trials and complex cancer.
- Unique structure to better track outcomes, drive efficiency, move research from bench to bedside quickly, and establish more accountable cancer care.