When cancer strikes, you want the most expert care, no matter what it takes. So do we. That's why we've teamed up with an emerging leader in cancer care, Carolinas HealthCare System's Levine Cancer Institute. We're working side-by-side with the country's top cancer specialists to provide even more advanced expertise and treatment. So you can fight cancer right here at home — knowing you've got the best people on your side.
A Partnership for Your Benefit
AnMed Health is a charter member of Levine Cancer Institute’s cancer care network. The Institute operates within a unique model of care that provides communities access to world-class care close to home. The hybrid model combines academics and oncology research with compassionate, community-based cancer care. For AnMed Health patients, this means access to an even deeper clinical team.
How does this benefit me?
AnMed Health's partnership with Levine Cancer Institute benefits patients by offering you:
- Access to additional physician expertise from the country's top cancer specialists... right here in Anderson. AnMed Health recently welcomed cancer specialist Dr. Jeffrey DeLo as part of our partnership with Levine Cancer Institute.
- Tools to assess cancer risk, including genetic screening and testing. Detecting cancer early is important because it allows for more prevention and treatment options.
- Increased opportunities for consultations with cancer specialists in expanded markets outside the networks of AnMed Health and Carolinas HealthCare System.
Who is Levine Cancer Institute?
Levine Cancer Institute is a different kind of cancer institute. Its decentralized model is the future of cancer care, and provides effective, world-class care closer to home whenever possible for patients.
The cancer-fighting resources of a healthcare system with 40 hospitals and 940 care locations are powerful. CHS, one of the largest public healthcare systems in the country, established Levine Cancer Institute in late 2010 to more closely integrate and build upon the cancer programs within its network. Through the latest advances in technology and CHS’s network of affiliated hospitals and providers in communities across the Carolinas, Levine Cancer Institute is able to deliver innovative protocols when they are needed most — so where a patient lives will not determine how they fight cancer.
Why Levine Cancer Institute is different:
- One of the country's largest single-institution cancer research databases, with more than 11,000 potential new cases annually. This means learning from other cases to help patients.
- Patient access to high quality cancer care through accredited programs across two states.
- Isolated patient outreach to address disparities/access.
- Shared expertise — nationally-ranked experts collaborating on cases and developing best practices.
- Leading research, especially around first-in-human trials and complex cancer.
- Unique structure to better track outcomes, drive efficiency, move research from bench to bedside quickly, and establish more accountable cancer care.