For many women, the fear and anxiety that comes with a cancer diagnosis doesn't end when cancer goes into remission. For months, even the slightest ache can stir fear that the disease is back.
To help women cope, AnMed Health offers Survivor School, created in cooperation the Cancer Association of Anderson. Survivor School is a 10-week course that teaches survivors to use journaling, yoga, relaxation exercises and bio feedback to ease back into a new "normal."
By the end of the course, participants should be better able to:
- Reduce physical symptoms associated with cancer and its treatments
- More actively participate in their health care
- Regain a sense of control and well being
- Examine factors such as lifestyle, diet, stress, or physical tension that contribute to their symptoms
- Cope with and manage treatment side effects
For more information, call (864) 222-3500.