An educational event for primary care providers
Featuring live case presentations, talks from national experts, and panel discussions with local readers
Saturday, February 27, 2016
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn, Anderson SC
Get the practical information you need to manage cardiovascular patients on a day-to-day basis. This convenient, one-day conference offers updates on the latest guidelines and recommendations for primary care presented by local and national experts.
The AnMed Health Cardiovascular Symposium is designed to help participants gain an overview of the current trends in heart and vascular medicine, from risk modification to prevention, to new medications and new devices used in treatment of cardiovascular disease.
After participating in this symposium, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the forces that shape our decisions, beliefs, and inaccurate expectations of the future, and what actions can be taken to alter that course. – Keynote by Tali Sharot
- Identify new treatment options available to address structural heart disease
- Recognize the value and limitations of bariatric surgery in addressing cardiovascular risk factors
- Recommend appropriate cardiovascular risk reduction. Summarize current and future treatment of coronary artery disease.
- Discuss advantages of new drug therapies for lipid management heart failure management using CardioMems device
- Recognize new pharmacologic treatment for management of congestive heart failure
- Describe evolving treatment options for patients with peripheral arterial disease
- Articulate the significance of premature ventricular ectopy in predicting future cardiac events
- Summarize guidelines for managing cardiac patient who is having surgery or invasive treatment
Who should attend?
- General/interventional cardiologists
- General surgeons
- Internal medicine physicians
- Primary care physicians
- Vascular specialists
- Cardiac and vascular technologists
- Registered nurses
- Residents/medical students
- Allied health professionals interested in the treatment of heart and vascular disease
AnMed Health Cardiovascular Symposium
Saturday, February 27, 2016
|7:15 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
||Registration and Breakfast
|8:00 a.m. - 8:10 a.m.
|8:10 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Tali Sharot, Ph.D.
|9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
||Structural Heart Disease: The New Frontier of Interventional Cardiology
Zoltan Turi, M.D., MSCAI
|9:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
|10:00 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
||Living Better and Living Longer - Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
Laurence Sperling, M.D.
|10:40 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
||Stable Bariatric Surgery for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction - Too Extreme or Too Simple?
Adam Beall, M.D.
|11:10 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
||Treatment of CAD: Current State of the Art and Future Directions
Sheldon Goldberg, M.D.
|11:40 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
|11:55 a.m. - 12:40 p.m.
||Live Case Presentation and Panel Discussion
Satish Surabhi, M.D, FACC, FASCAI; Brett Stoll, M.D., FACC, FCCP; Scott Phillips, M.D., FACC
|12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
|1:10 p.m. - 1:25 p.m.
New Kids on the CV Block: PCSK9 Inhibitors for Lipid Treatment
Satish Surabhi, M.D, FACC, FASCAI
|1:25 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.
||New Kids on the CV Block: CardioMEMS™ Heart Failure Management System
Paul Jones, M.D.
|1:40 p.m. - 1:55 p.m.
||New Kids on the CV Block: Neprilysin Inhibitors in CHF Treatment
Satish Surabhi, M.D., FACC, FASCAI
|1:55 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
|2:10 p.m. - 2:40 p.m.
||PAD Treatment: Changing Roles of Medicine, Intervention and Surgery
Matthew George, M.D.
|2:40 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
||Premature Ventricular Contractions: The Good, Bad and Ugly
Matthew Sellers, M.D.
|3:10 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
||Perioperative Management of the Cardiac Patient
Brett Stoll, M.D., FACC, FCCP
|3:40 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
||Q&A and Closing Remarks
* Schedule subject to change.
For more information or to register over the phone, call 864.512.1439. For online registration, click the button below.
AnMed Health is accredited by the South Carolina Medical Association Accreditation
(SCMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AnMed Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1
™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent
of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family
Physicians (AAFP). Determination of credit is pending.
AnMed Health adheres to ACCME Essential Areas and policies regarding industry
support of continuing medical education. All persons serving in a position to control
the content of the educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial
relationships with any commercial interests. This information will be disclosed to
participants prior to the commencement of the educational activity.
Continuing education credits for radiologic technologists (ASRT) are pending.
Licensed Nurses: This course will provide 6.0 contact hours.
AnMed Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by South
Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approval valid through July 13, 2018.
There is no conflict of interest for planners, presenters, faculty, authors, or content
reviewers for this event.
Attendance at 80% of event and completion of an evaluation form is necessary to
receive contact hours.