AnMed Health Women's and Children's Hospital has all of the services you need for a safe and comfortable childbirth experience:
- 10 private labor-delivery-recovery rooms
- 28 private mom/baby rooms
- Over 2,000 deliveries annually
- Level II newborn nursery
- Two c-section/surgical suites
- Childbirth education and breastfeeding classes available
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) on staff
- Free Hospitality Wi-Fi throughout the hospital
Who's Caring for Your Newborn
All the excitement and anxiety of having a baby can make the experience seem like a blur. One thing you can have clarity on is the expert care your baby will receive when he or she arrives. AnMed Health Women’s and Children’s Hospital has board certified pediatric hospitalists on hand 24/7. This means we have a staff of dedicated specialists who are highly trained to care for newborns and their special needs.
Nurses in our Level II Nursery are certified in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), which is designated training for those who participate in neonatal resuscitation in the delivery room and newborn nursery. The nursery staff is also STABLE certified, to insure the most advanced care in the case your newborn becomes sick.
It might be the most natural way to feed a baby, but sometimes breastfeeding requires a little help. AnMed Health Women's and Children's Hospital has a team of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) on-staff to help new moms achieve breastfeeding success.
Lactation services include:
- Inpatient consultation after delivery
- Outpatient consultation, by appointment only
- Phone consults
- A free breastfeeding education class for pregnant moms and a support person. Visit our events calendar to find a class and sign up.
- The Lactation Consultant Team also has Medela Symphony breast pumps available for rent
To contact the lactation consultant, call (864) 512-4864 or email them directly:
Crystal Gilstrap - Crystal.Gilstrap@anmedhealth.org
Kendra Powell - Kendra.Powell@anmedhealth.org
Sarah Culclasure - Sarah.Culclasure@anmedhealth.org