Having the right screening tools is half the battle when it comes to diagnosing a health problem. At AnMed Health Women's Diagnostics, our tools are designed to help pin point problems in a timely and less invasive fashion.
In Women's Diagnostics, you get the most-up-to date screenings tools in a spa-like environment that includes soothing water features and private changing rooms.
Women’s Diagnostics provides a number of services including:
- Digital mammography
- Breast MRI
- Bone density testing
If your physician orders a diagnostic procedure, schedule your appointment by calling First Call Scheduling at (864) 512-6255. For additional information on a particular women's diagnostic screening, call (864) 512-6970.
When it comes to the early detection of breast cancer, AnMed Health invests in best tools available. AnMed Health was the first in the Upstate to provide all-digital mammography and has made it a priority to stay at the forefront of breast cancer screenings. Digital mammography is used exclusively at our facility because of its proven ability to deliver faster and more accurate diagnosis.
Waiting for a diagnosis or test results can be stressful, so we make every effort to provide same day results when you have a diagnostic mammogram or breast ultrasound. Our female radiologists understand and are committed to providing patients with as much information as possible in a timely fashion.
To schedule a digital mammogram, call First Call Scheduling at (864) 512-2255. You will need a physician’s order prior to schedule an appointment.
Breast MRI/MRI-Guided Biopsies
One of the most high tech tools in detecting breast abnormalities, Breast MRI uses the power of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to create highly detailed 3-D images of both breasts. Breast MRI is an excellent follow-up tool when a screening mammogram or other test detects something suspicious. It can also be used as a screening tool in certain women who are at high risk for breast cancer. AnMed Health also performs MRI guided breast biopsies when suspicious areas are detected.
Ultrasounds are sometimes done when a mammogram detects an abnormality. Physicians use this diagnostic tool to pin point the problem and get the most accurate diagnosis. AnMed Health offers 3-D ultrasound, which is a painless procedure using high-frequency sound waves to create images of “soft” tissue, such as the breast or uterus. The benefit of an ultrasound is its ability to construct very detailed images to better diagnose the problem.
Make no bones about it, the health of your bones is very important. AnMed Health offers bone density scanning to diagnose conditions such as osteoporosis, a potentially debilitating condition where bones become weak and brittle. Bone densitometry is an enhanced form of x-ray that measures bone loss. The procedure is painless and quick and does not require anesthesia.
Bone density testing is strongly recommended if you:
- are a post-menopausal woman not taking estrogen.
- have a personal or maternal history of hip fracture or smoking.
- are a post-menopausal woman who is taller than 5 feet 7 inches or less than 125 pounds.
- are a man with clinical conditions associated with bone loss.
- use medications that are known to cause bone loss, including corticosteroids such as Prednisone, various anti-seizure medications such as Dilantin and certain barbiturates, or high-dose thyroid replacement drugs.
- have Type 1 (formerly called juvenile or insulin-dependent) diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease or a family history of osteoporosis.
- have high bone turnover, which shows up in the form of excessive collagen in urine samples.
- have a thyroid condition, such as hypothyroidism or hyperparathyroidism
- have experienced a fracture after only mild trauma.
- have had x-ray evidence of vertebral fracture or other signs of osteoporosis.