To prepare Family Physicians to practice, in any environment, while providing excellent evidence-based care to the population served and promoting personal growth, wellbeing, and lifelong learning.
- Residents must complete the required curriculum and achieve board certification, with growth in medical knowledge, patient care, procedural competence, systems-based practice, practice-based learning and improvement, professionalism, and communication.
- Residents should develop a personal growth and learning plan for residency and future practice by using faculty feedback, personal reflection, milestone evaluation, and the In Training Exam.
- To develop in residents and faculty the importance and attention to resources and techniques for enhancement of physician wellbeing and resilience.
- To instill in each resident a working knowledge of best practices for safety and quality, and to practice these skills in treating with the goal that they will be ingrained in future practice.
- Demonstrate the importance of social determinates of health and the care of underserved populations.