College students bring energy and enthusiasm to our volunteer program. We understand that many students have a desire to learn and experience first-hand what it would be like to have a career in healthcare.
The AnMed Health College Volunteer Program is structured to provide college students at all levels of education an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a professional healthcare setting. It is a great program for students to contribute to the community and see the daily operations of a thriving hospital.
College volunteers also impact the overall experience of our patients in a positive way by providing excellent customer service to our patients and their families in a variety of assignment areas. By combining first-hand experience through volunteering with education, the program fosters healthcare leaders of tomorrow while serving the community.
Things to know when applying to the College Volunteer Program
- AnMed Health Volunteer Services does not accept applications for court ordered community service hours.
- Job shadowing/internships are coordinated by the individual departments in which those activities are performed.
- A minimum of sixty hours over the course of at least two sessions is required. The sessions do not have to run consecutively.
- Verification of volunteer hours/letters of recommendation will not be provided unless/until this commitment has been met.
- Applications are only accepted three times a year and the processing time for applications and interviews can take up to 3 weeks.
- Placement areas, schedules, and training dates will be discussed in the interview, and confirmed once orientation is completed.
- Schedules are on a weekly basis and consist of three to four hours per shift.
When to Apply
Application submission does not guarantee placement. Submitted applications are reviewed by the Director of Volunteer Services. Once reference checks are completed, an interview will be scheduled. The online application will open within the first five business days for the months listed below.
STUDENTS SHOULD NOT APPLY TO THE ADULT PROGRAM WHEN THE COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS IS CLOSED.
- SUMMER SESSION – May/June/July/August - Online application opens in April. The link will close once the number of applications received meets the current needs.
- FALL SESSION – September/October/November/December - Online application opens in August. The link will close once the number of applications received meets the current needs.
- SPRING SESSION – Jan/Feb/March/April - Online application opens in December. The link will close once the number of applications received meets the current needs.
College Volunteer Application Requirements
If you are a student currently enrolled in a part-time or full-time accredited college program and you can make the volunteer program requirements, you are welcome to apply to the College Volunteer program. To get started:
- Complete the online College Volunteer application
- Complete an interview with the Director of Volunteer Services
- Provide a copy of a 2-step TB skin test within 3 weeks after your interview appointment. The test must have been completed no more than 3 months prior to your volunteer start date.
- Provide documentation of a current Flu vaccine if applying between Nov 1 and Apr 1
- Agree to a criminal background check, which AnMed Health will provide at no cost to you
- Complete general orientation
- Complete two or more specific training sessions in your assignment area with volunteers or staff members
All the above requirements and forms must be submitted as part of the application and orientation process. Applications are deleted after thirty days if these requirements are not met.
TB test and flu shot documentation may be sent via FAX to the Volunteer Office at (864) 512-8638 or scanned as attachments to email@example.com. Once students complete all of these requirements, communication will be via phone call or email, so check your email on a regular basis.
If you have questions, please call Tammy Campbell or Jan Verbeck in the Volunteer Services office at (864) 512-1263.