- You must have completed the 9th grade and be at least 15 years old by June 1 in order to participate in this program.
- The program will consist of three two-week sessions: June 8-19, June 29-July 10 and July 20-31.
- Volunteers are assigned to only one session and must be willing to volunteer Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for the entire two-week period. Consider your summer plans before you apply.
- Applications for our 2020 program are due no later than 4:00 P.M. on April 3rd. Only applications that are completed in full will be considered.
- Recommendation Forms - We will send a link by email to the teacher reference and to the personal reference named on your application. Please let them know to expect the email and ask them to complete the recommendation form as soon as possible. If we do not receive your recommendations by April 17 you will not be invited for an interview.
- Interviews are required and will be scheduled AFTER receipt of favorable recommendations. Interviews will take place between April 13 and May 1.
- Those who are accepted into the program will be given information about orientation along with instructions for completing additional pre-orientation requirements. Orientation will be held on the first day of each session.
- Please check your email frequently. Notices regarding interviews, pending deadlines, etc., will be communicated to applicants in this manner. We will not share your email address with anyone. It will only be used for communication between you and our office.
- Reliable transportation is a must. If you have to depend on someone else to provide your transportation, discuss it with that person before applying to volunteer.
To complete your application, click here.
It is the applicant's responsibility to meet all deadlines, to confirm receipt of recommendations, to follow up if necessary with references and to communicate with the Volunteer Services office if there are any questions or problems.
Either Jan Verbeck (864.512.1265; email@example.com) or Tammy Campbell (864.512.1263; firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to assist you with any questions.