The Behavioral Health Center helps patients regain a sense of purpose and well-being as quickly as possible. Because studies show a patient’s surroundings play a key role in healing, we have designed the Center with safety and comfort in mind. Many adult patients are well enough to return home after just four or five days.
The Behavioral Health Center is located at AnMed Health Medical Center, 800 North Fant Street in Anderson. Upon admission, each patient has a comprehensive assessment and an individualized treatment plan is developed. Patients receive care from a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals working under the direction of a psychiatrist.
Our team includes masters-prepared counselors and psychiatric nurses. Medical treatments and behavioral-control therapies are designed to help return patients to a normal degree of functioning.
- Adult Acute Care Program - Confidential treatment for problems associated with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorders and/or other behavioral health diagnoses.
- Senior Adult Acute Care Program – Short-term psychiatric and supportive medical care for people 65 and older who are suffering from cognitive, emotional and behavioral disorders related to aging.
We also offer a family program to educate caregivers about their loved one’s condition and the resources available to help.
Services at the Behavioral Health Center
Each patient admitted to the Behavioral Health Center will receive:
- Individual and Family Therapy – Designed to guide patients and their families toward new methods of dealing with their problems.
- Group Therapy – Helps patients examine and work through issues and problems during group sessions.
- Activity Therapy - Develops self-esteem and new interests through participation in activities such as arts and crafts, music and exercise.
- Patient Education – Helps patients learn personal and social skills to cope with everyday problems and life after discharge.
- Comprehensive Medical Care – Begins with as initial evaluation and, when indicated, ongoing medical treatment as needed.
- Discharge Planning – Helps patients return to the community or find appropriate follow-up outpatient services.
A Soothing Environment
Unique features of our facility include:
- Geriatric mobility chairs
- Diligent safety equipment
- Communication tools for patients with hearing, speech and visual impairments
- Beds specially-designed for our patient population
- Thermostats in each patient room
- A sunlit day room and socialization area
- Inspirational art work
- Soothing color palate conducive to healing
- A visitation area for catching up with loved ones
Referrals and Admissions
If someone you love could benefit from inpatient psychiatric care, call the Behavioral Health Access Center at (864) 512-1819 to schedule an assessment. Arrangements for an assessment can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week.