One way cancer can be treated is with chemotherapy. Chemotherapy — often called "chemo" — is the use of strong drugs to treat cancer. Doctors use certain types of drugs depending on the type of cancer you have and how much it has grown. Sometimes chemo is the only cancer treatment needed. It can also be used alongside other treatments or after surgery or radiation to help kill any cancer cells left.
At AnMed Health, chemotherapy infusion services are provided in Outpatient Infusion on the third floor of AnMed Health Cancer Center. The facility offers warmth and privacy to patients and a soothing environment for visiting with family, listening to music, or reflection during treatment. The center is staffed by nurses trained in chemotherapy and infusion. We have a financial counselor on site to assist patients with financial issues and provide resources as needed.
Outpatient Infusion is open:
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
For more information, call (864) 512-4675.
Outpatient Oncology Infusion
Outpatient Oncology Infusion is located on the third floor of AnMed Health Cancer Center, while Medical Infusion Services are located on the first floor. We know you have a choice in where to have your infusion treatments, and we have worked hard to create the best environment for your care.
- 24 infusion bays with more room and more staff to get your treatments underway with increased efficiency.
- A dedicated lab means patients will make fewer stops to get lab work underway.
- Pharmacists specially trained in oncology deliver medicines quickly from a dedicated pharmacy, reducing overall wait times for patients.
- Highly trained staff and expert physicians specializing in oncology and hematology oversee care.
- Part of a comprehensive cancer program at AnMed Health that offers a full range of services and resources.
- Personalized cancer treatment plans.